College and Career
Welcome to the College & Career page!
I am honored to serve our district in this position and look forward to working with students, parents, and our school community to help facilitate the next step after graduation. I want every student who graduates from Cleveland High School to be proud of where they came from, what they have accomplished, and focus on their future endeavors. I am here to support, and assist with applications; FAFSA/TASFA, scholarships, career and college explorations, and anything else that is needed to ensure success after high school!
SAT/ACT Test Prep Resources
Below is a List of Prep Links:
Have you taken the PSAT? Then, you have a College Board account. Do you want to learn how to link your College Board account to Khan Academy to customize your tutorials? Click here for tutorial.
Tips for Letters of Recommendation:
1. Does the school you are applying for require letters of recommendation? If so, do they have specific forms for the counselor to complete?
2. If a school states that letters of recommendation are recommended or optional, DO IT!
3. Each school has their own way of submitting LORs. It is the student's responsibility to find out how! Many schools ask for the email addresses of the people you will be requesting letters from. Then, the institution will email each person and give them a link or portal to access and upload the LOR. Some schools allow the new student to upload a LOR directly to their application portal. Others prefer a LOR to be mailed directly to the institution. Please provide all of this information to the person you have asked to write the LOR.
4. Have a face-to-face conversation with the person you are asking to write the letter and give them two weeks to write the letter. Be sure to hand them a resume, counselor recommendation form, institution specific form, or a student brag sheet. This will give them more information about you so he/she can write you an AMAZING letter! If a face-to-face isn't possible, email or phone is fine.
5. It is the student's responsibility to know the deadlines! Do not wait until the last minute and expect someone to write a LOR in a moment's notice! They can say NO! Your lack of planning is not our emergency!